Wednesday 24 April 2013

Which is Your Favorite Country?

I am often asked which is my favorite country and I always say India. In a way it is lucky to live in a country as big and diverse as India. After all in India tourism possibilities are endless. There was a time when I could take off for a month but those were college days. I still cherish the three months I spent in Spiti during those days. People tell me that Spiti is still not really commercialized but back in those days you could go and stay with people in their homes! I should actually sit down and write about it someday.

Spiti valley & Spiti River

Other than Spiti my favorite trips have been the climbing trips! I did both basic and advanced mountaineering courses and went climbing in Ladakh, Lahaul & Spiti, among others. But then once again such trips should be written separately and in detail.

I have seen a bit of North East India as well but it was such a long time ago. The most recent trip was in relation to work but I managed a cruise down the Brahmaputra one evening.

Once again when it comes to South India Tourism almost all my trips had been work related but I always find time to do some sightseeing as well. I have spent quite some time in Kerala and explored a few smaller places as well. But that was before digital photography and MakeMyTrip era. These days even though it is easier to plan a trip it is harder to find time. But I think I would like to go back to the Spiti region and also the North East India. 

What a paradox it is that when we are students we have a lot more time to travel but hardly any money and when we start working even though we do have more money, it is time that becomes so precious! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i often get this question and when i speak about cultural diversity et al, they laugh and say its because i haven't travelled.

I silently hope people understand that its more important to know ones backyard before venturing into others. :)

nice post.

Anil Yadav said...

Thanks deejthtraveller for liking the post!

Antonela said...

Thank you. With Blinctrip Online Flight Booking you'll have access to the most affordable prices and special deals on both domestic and international flights

journeyofhimalaya said...

Manali Couple Tour Package from Ahmedabad - Book an online Manali Trip from Ahmedabad @4,999/- for Family & Group. Ahmedabad To Manali Tour Package.